NOTICE: Because of Covid-19 and due to the highly experiential and collaborative nature of our courses, all courses are suspended until further notice. The health and safety of our clients is our top priority. Also a priority is offering first class courses that are extremely engaging. As adults we learn by doing, not by reading or only listening! We’re hard at work on solutions.****
Mid-Management Lean Training Program
Mid-management closely guides teams in learning how to define problems and develop countermeasures to be implemented with Lean as a collaborative scientific approach. Our training provides a solid Lean foundation on which you can build an agile workforce, teams and organization.
The goal of a Lean transformation is to integrate continuous improvement in daily work. It is leadership that must fully own a Lean transformation and engage in leadership of all continuous improvement efforts.
Mid-management’s, senior management’s and organization’s commitment (in chronological order):
1) Mid-management trainee attends a minimum of 6 Lean 1-day experiential learning workshops from the following:
–Introduction to Lean (1 day, prerequisite for all other courses)
–Flow Experience: Build a culture for agility, creativity and innovation (1 day)
–Lean is Science (1 day)
–Lean Thinker’s Toolkit: Lean Process Mapping and More (formerly Project Champion) (1 day)
–iLean: Make Work Visible to Focus and Finish (1 day)
–Gemba: The Power of Observation (1 day)
–Lean: Optimising Flow to Deliver Value (1 day)
–Micro-Experiments: Foundations for Kaizen (be agile) (1 day)
The above Lean courses are offered at the Alpen Path Solutions Lean Training Centre & Micro Lab, 340 Albert Street, Suite 1720, Ottawa (Constitution Square, Tower III), see full schedule. Introduction is a prerequisite for all other courses. Can also be offered in your workplace. Trainees can be assigned homework in addition to attending in class.
2) Trainee undergoes a Readiness Assessment
3) Trainee attends a 2-day Lean Mid-Management Training Workshop** (offered at the Alpen Path Solutions Lean Training Centre & Micro Lab, 340 Albert Street, Suite 1720, Ottawa).
4) Trainee acquires a body of knowledge (assigned reading of books and articles).
5) Senior management attends a 1-day ‘Introduction to Lean for Management’ course (from 6 up to 14 participants, at the Alpen Path Solutions Lean Training Centre & Micro Lab).
6) Senior management attends a 1-day ‘iLean: Make Work Visible to Focus and Finish’ course (from 6 up to 14 participants, at the Alpen Path Solutions Lean Training Centre & Micro Lab). Introduction to Lean is a prerequisite.
7) From 6 up to 14 people in the organization attend a 1-day ‘Introduction to Lean’ course (at the Alpen Path Solutions Lean Training Centre & Micro Lab)
8) From 6 up to 14 people in the organization attend a 1-day ‘iLean: Make Work Visible to Focus and Finish’ course (at the Alpen Path Solutions Lean Training Centre & Micro Lab). Introduction to Lean is a prerequisite.
9) Trainee engages in observational learning with coaching during two 1⁄2-day Lean activities that Alpen Path Solutions facilitates in your organization (Visual Management and Huddle with a team of up to 8 people and Gemba walk for up to 4 management. Introduction to Lean is a prerequisite. For Visual Management and Huddle, iLean is a prerequisite).*
10) Trainee engages in experiential learning with coaching during two 1⁄2-day Lean activities the trainee facilitates in your organization (Visual Management and Huddle with a team of up to 8 people and Gemba walk for up to 4 management. Introduction to Lean is a prerequisite. For Visual Management and Huddle, iLean is a prerequisite).*
11) Trainee and Senior management engage in individual Lean coaching (for a total of up to 7.5 hours).
*Lean activities involve real processes in your workplace and must be supported by senior management as they require the participation of staff and management.
Approximately 4-6 months, depending on scheduling for Lean activities, participant’s and senior management’s availability and course schedule.
Senior Management commitment
Senior Management must own the Lean transformation and not delegate improvement to employees. Senior management oversees the participant’s Training Program, attends Introduction to Lean for Management and iLean training, participates in Gemba workshops and reads on Lean. All levels of management become problem solving coaches.
1) Trainee attends a minimum of six one-day Lean experiential learning workshops: total cost of $1,975 +HST to $2,370 ($395.00 +HST per course, with 1 free course if you use the one-button registration for a Certificate in Lean for the Public Sector) in-class at the Alpen Path Solutions Lean Training Centre & Micro Lab, 340 Albert Street, Suite 1720, Ottawa. Registration is online with links for individual courses, or for a series of courses: https://alpenpathsolutions.com/training
2) All other components of the Training Program (per participant): Assigned reading material (books and articles), 2-day Training Workshop, 2 professionally co-facilitated Lean 1⁄2-day activities (in-your-workplace), 2 mid-management-facilitated 1⁄2-day Lean activities with coaching during the activity (in-your-workplace), individual coaching (up to 7.5 hours) and four 1-day Lean courses (Intro and iLean for Senior Management, Intro and iLean for all other participants, up to 14 per workshop): $21,520 +HST.
Short and long-term benefits for the organization
-Mid-management with a solid foundation in Lean and experience with coaching of at least two activities in your organization who can then help their team be the best that they can be, every day
-In-depth Lean experiential learning for up to 28 staff and Senior management who attend the one- day Lean courses and 1⁄2-day workshops
-Engagement of Senior management for a sustainable culture of continuous improvement. Management must own a Lean transformation.
**Please note that non-attendance for training workshops managed by Alpen Path Solutions Inc. does not entitle the participant to a refund or the possibility of transferring to a later workshop date. Cancellation for workshops offered in Ottawa with less than 13 days advance notice forfeits a refund or transfer; however, an alternate participant may attend instead, please advise us as soon as possible (Introduction to Lean for Government is a prerequisite). Refunds, minus a 15% service charge, are provided upon written notification of cancellation received at least 13 days prior to a training workshop date. No refunds are issued following this date. Schedule, workshop offering and location are subject to change without notice. Workshops/Courses can be cancelled without advance notice by Alpen Path Solutions Inc. and in which case participants receive a 100% refund for registration fees. Courses followed at the CCE that were facilitated by Alpen Path Solutions Inc. will be recognized towards the Certificate in Lean for the Public Sector and the Advanced Certificate in Lean for the Public Sector.
****Participants who were registered for upcoming courses will automatically be fully refunded for their course registration(s). Participants who had not attended their initial registration date and postponed their training for another training date are beyond the refund deadline attached to their original registration date. The latter participants are eligible, however, to attend courses pending a new course format/schedule is established. Thanks!