Lean Facilitator/Coach Training Program
A Lean facilitator/coach guides teams in defining problems and finding countermeasures to be implemented using Lean as a collaborative scientific approach. Our training provides you with a solid Lean foundation on which you can build. You must keep in mind however that the goal of a Lean transformation is to integrate continuous improvement in daily work. An in-house Lean ‘consultant’ such as a Lean facilitator/coach cannot be delegated continuous improvement. An in-house Lean facilitator/coach role must therefore be only temporary.
Download an overview of our Lean Facilitator/Coach Training Program, in PDF format .
Training elements and estimated costs (per participant):
- Complete four one-day Lean courses: Introduction to Lean (prerequisite), Lean is Science, Lean Champion and iLean (or equivalent as determined by Alpen Path Solutions Inc.). Follow these courses in-class at a cost of $395.00 (+HST) per course or we offer these courses in-house for up to 14 participants per course. We are currently booking for May 2017 and beyond. Special price for the bundle of 4 courses is $8,840.00 +HST. See more details on the Certificate in Lean for the Public Sector. Download the 2-page flyer on 1-day workshops dates.
- Assigned reading material (books and articles): approximately $500.00 +GST
- Tailored elements: Lean Facilitator Training course in-house (2 days in-house or at the Chateau Laurier), professionally co-facilitated Lean activity (in-house, 2 to 4 days), participant-facilitated Lean activity with coaching during the activity (in-house, 2 to 4 days) and 5 hours of individual coaching: $12,190 +HST
- Optional: collaborative module (when 2 or more facilitators are trained simultaneously) – 3X0.5-day collaboration sessions: $5,000 +HST
Optional: Purchase of Alpen Path Solutions Inc. Lean tools and training materials or coaching to develop your own Lean tools and training materials
Optional: One (or more) half-day Lean for Executives workshops (each workshop, $1,250.00 +HST)
Short and long-term benefits for the organization:
- Internal Lean facilitator/coach with a solid foundation in Lean and experience in facilitating at least one change management activity in your organization
- In-depth Lean experiential learning on Lean thinking and Lean tools for up to 14 staff and management who attend the four one-day Lean workshops
- Start to the scientific continuous improvement of two processes in your organization
- Lean training and engagement of 12 to 16 staff working in the two processes that were part of the above Lean activities
- In-depth Lean training for up to 14 staff and management with 4 one-day Lean courses
- Engagement of management for a successful and sustainable culture of continuous improvement
Learn how to implement Lean as the science of work in your workplace: see work (by using visual tools/management to see flow and what disrupts flow of value to clients such as maps or ‘kanban’, because in science you can’t measure what you can’t see), measure work (the simplest and most widely used measures are time and quality) and improve work every day (by collaboratively optimizing the flow of value to clients to make flow faster, easier and cheaper).